Have the perfect family adventure rafting down the Balsa River on this exciting tour! Enjoy local fruits, organic lunch and a glass of pure sugar cane juice, a sweet end to a fun tour!
Tour an Organic Farm in Costa Rica
Join us for an intimate tour of our organic farm near La Fortuna! On this tour, you learn about our farm’s history, how we got started, and our production methods. You also meet the animals and get a behind-the-scenes look at how the crops are grown.
The emphasis of this tour highlights the methods used on a certified organic farm, including topics like crop rotation, integrated pest management, and fertility. And you discover how our organic farm is committed to providing the community with opportunities to connect with local agriculture on many levels.
What You Learn About
- Local food production and distribution, with an emphasis on seasonality, what crops grow when, and how we distribute them
- Traditional medicines practiced since prehistoric times
- How certain plants synthesize hundreds of chemical compounds for functions, including defense against insects, fungi, diseases, and herbivorous mammals
- Which medicinal plants you can use to benefit your health
- Composting and its role in food production
PLUS… You get to meet our farm animals, including chickens, cows, pigs, and more!
Please note that this tour is one to two hours long depending on the size of your group and has a two-person minimum to be booked.